Connected Business is looking for an Office Assistant to be responsible for handling tasks in our ongoing startup growth. You will be handling incoming communications, support our events, as well as managing admin tasks, support our social media and performing other general tasks. Right now we think this might be 16-20 hours a week but could become more over time.
Our core business provides on- and offline workshops for companies, individuals and future teachers based on the principles of mindfulness and compassion.
The ideal candidate is aligned with our values, loves to be of service for the growth of people and is excited to join our movement. We are looking for someone who can communicate in English and German fluently, the ability to write clearly and professionally at the same time authentic to your own voice.
Your responsibilities will include
- Carry out generally tasks: organize and schedule meetings and appointments, maintaining contact lists, produce and distribute correspondence emails, book travel arrangements
- Time Management: organize our calendar according to our job priorities. Moreover, perform our daily jobs (Setting reminders, Organization of daily calendar, Planning and scheduling travel, Making calls to gather information for queries sent)
- Email Management and Marketing: constant and effective communication through email might increase the client base for your business. (Manage your emails according to our priority, Add all necessary contacts, Providing replies to client emails, Sending ecards for greeting or other purposes, Adding or deleting subscribers from software used for email marketing, Creating newsletters and broadcast emails, Generating auto-replies)
- Storing and Organizing Files: aid us in arranging our files in a systematic manner. (Making data entry in excel sheets or Google docs, Creation and management of spreadsheet, Conversion of files, PowerPoint presentation)
- Administrative Task Management: administrative tasks (Creation of Forms and Reports, Deciding Template for documents, Generation of leads, Managing client appointments, Doing personal tasks such as gift purchasing, Managing Eventbrite entries, pages, Making presentations, Preparation of delivery of training materials, Front Desk Management on our events
- Social Media & Blog Management: Managing the social media (Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, YouTube) and blog publishing, Providing ideas and writing posts, Scanning blog comments and replying when necessary
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Great communication skills via phone, email, and chat
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs and Google Calendar
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English (no need to be native speaker) and German
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Event coordination
- Some experience in the field or in a related area
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Office Administration Procedures
- Attention to Detail
- Discretion and Judgment
- Excitement to being of service for the growth of others
- Cultural Awareness And Intercultural Teamwork
- Passion for learning & Curiosity
Connected Business supports you to bring Compassion and Mindfulness into your daily business interactions. This world is changing and we cannot continue using old strategies and methods to move forward – we need new approaches and a new perspective. Our vision is to empower and connect people in business to create a new culture of leadership and enterprise. Our mission is driven by the question of what world we leave for the next 7 generations to come. In doing so we are building a community with a common purpose – one that is connected, mindful and loving, that values diversity and authenticity, and pioneers integrity and sustainability. We are part of a co-creative group and a global movement – join us!